Great Idea Alert!! (courtesy of moi)
Instead of having a typical party (cocktails, dancing, and foxy peers), invite your pals over for a fitness party!
Seriously. Organize a boot-camp for your pals or create a obstacle course in the park to complete. All you need is a few free hours and a little imagination.
Need More Ideas for your fitness party?
- Hire a trainer for 2 hours and have him/her conduct a boot-camp for you and your pals
- Ask your friends to bring all their portable fitness gear to your home or a park (resistance bands, stability balls, kettle balls, weights, jump ropes). Create a circuit, using the equipment. 2 minutes jumping rope, 2 minutes doing bicep curls, 2 minutes doing push ups with the stability ball, and so on. Continue the circuit for an hour.
- Choose a fitness dvd and perform it as a group
- Have a huge group of pals? Organize a game of tag football or basket ball. All the running around will be great cardio. Afterward, do thirty minutes of toning exercises.
- Go hiking. When you reach your destination, do toning exercises together.
- Have one friend that’s an expert in kick-boxing, and another that’s a yoga guru? Have each friend lead the group in a workout of their speciality for 15 minutes. It’s a great way to learn new moves or new methods of working out.
- Water (duh!)
- Propel packets
- Fresh fruit
- Salad Bar
- Mixed Nuts
- Yogurt (can be dairy or soy based)
* To save money, ask each friend to bring one healthy, low calorie dish.