Posts tagged "low calorie foods"
Remember yesterday’s post where I asked what you could make with silken tofu, honey/agave, and lemon??
Um, lemon creme, of course!!! It’s under 200 calories, high in protein, and can be eaten as a dessert or breakfast food.
Lemon Creme Recipe
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 triangles)
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut each slice of tofu in half diagonally. Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels, and cover tofu with additional paper towels; let stand 15 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through rind) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange tofu slices in pan in a single layer; sauté 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat; pour vinegar mixture over tofu to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 1.2g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
Mixed Green Salad with Peaches & Blackberries in Champagne Vinaigrette
- 2 Tsp champagne vinegar
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb mixed greens
- 1 cup ripe peaches, diced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the champagne vinegar and honey. While continuing to blend, slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste and set aside until ready to use. To make ahead, you can also store in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 1 week.
In a large stainless steel bowl, combine the mixed greens, peaches, blackberries and sliced almonds. Drizzle about 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently but thoroughly to combine, serve immediately on chilled salad plates.
Per serving: 2 cups 113 Calories