I was feeling really lazy today. I slept till a little after 10, but I still felt exhausted. I had weird dreams, which I think partially came from watching episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and drinking the night before. By 3 pm I still hadn’t worked out! I had to announce the winner of the Skinny Bitch Cookbook giveaway by 6, and I had intended to do a video, so I didn’t want to spend a bunch of time at the gym because I had to get prepped to film. Not to let my fitness time be tossed to the side, I decided to use some of my home gym equipment. If you want to workout at home, here are some ideas on things you should use.
I mixed power walking on a slight incline with jogging for 3 miles.
Insanity cardio DVD-this thing was bananas! I was doing suicides, burpees, and all this other mess that made me sweat.
Toning exercises, which included standing side twist with weights, ab exercises on stability ball, walking lunges, backwards lunges, arm raises, standing side leg raises and butt lifts.
Soy latte and FLT(fakin bacon (vegan product), lettuce, tomato and veganaise, on wheat bagel.
Handful of nuts and some peanut butter- totally weird, but satisfying.
A slice of salad pizza, and a peanut butter protein shake
Instead of placing your arms on the handle bars while on the treadmill, try the following.
1. Swing your arms back and forth
2. slightly twist your torso from side to side (helps to widdle your middle)
3. Do Black Swan arms- Remember the move Natalie Portman was always doing in the film where she played a delusional ballerina? Yeah, do those. (I do them, but in the privacy of my own home, on my personal treadmill.)
4. Jab like you’re boxing
5. Raise your arms up and down, the same way you would if you were doing jumping jacks.
1. Do Squats as you flat iron your hair
2. Perform walking lunges as you walk to the bathroom
3. Perform walking lunges as you walk your way back from the bathroom
4. Do plies while you wait for water to boil
5. Perform crunches during TV commercials
6. Taking a break from paper work or homework? Do 100 jumping jacks
7. Gabbing on your cell phone? Place it on speaker, and do donkey kicks for the entire phone conversation.
8. Hold your body in plank position for an entire commercial break
9. Giving yourself a at home facial? Do standing crunches while waiting for your mask to dry.
10. Sit on a stability ball while watching TV. It’s good for engaging the core and your posture.