Summer is the one season where I feel the weekly urge to have dessert. Seriously, I pass an ice cream shop and my hatred of animal by-products suddenly disappears and I’m all, Could I have a hard scoop of Peanut Butter Swirl on a waffle cone? But even ice cream can get tiresome at times, and therefore I seek healthier alternative desserts. You too? Then see the recipe below.
4 Waffle Bowls
1 Container of Silken tofu
4 heaping tablespoons of Psyllium husk
1/4 cup of agave or honey
1/2 lemon wedge
1 Scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 cup of mixed berries
1 sliced up kiwi
1. Take tofu, psyllium, protein powder, and honey in blender or a electric mixing bowl.
2. Squeeze in juice from lemon.
3. Blend or mix until it becomes thick.
4. Divide cream into bowls and top with berries and sliced kiwi.
If the cream is not sweet enough add additional honey. The cream should be the consistency of pudding. If it’s still too liquidy add another tablespoon of psyllium. Psyllium is an insoluble fiber and an excellent thickening agent!! This dessert is healthy enough to also have at breakfast-just nix the waffle bowl;)
Keeping healthy snacks around the house is a good way to avoid stuffing your face with junk. Not sure what to stock up on? Try some of these suggestions! 1. Raw nuts Raw nuts like almonds or walnuts have healthy fat, vitamin e, and protein.
If you like dairy, go for Greek yogurt. It’s higher in protein and lower in sugar than other yogurts. If you’re dairy free, try soy or coconut yogurt. Even So Delicious has a delicious Greek Style Coconut yogurt out!
4. Homemade Protein Bars Lara Bars and Raw Revolution are great bars to grab when you need a boost, but it’s also great to make your own. I made these Pre-Workout Protein PB Balls in April. Click the link for recipe.
For more healthy snack ideas, read the rest of this post at Fitisthenewblack.me